Mobile Maintenance Electrician (Southampton)
Job Title: Mobile Maintenance Electrician (South West)
Location: Ideally based in Bournemouth or Southampton
Salary: £30,109 + annual standby allowance (£2,020) = Total Salary of £32,120
This salary rises to £33,871 (including annual standby allowance) after 6 months’ probation
Benefits: Company Vehicle, company pension scheme, BUPA (single cover), 33 days holiday (including bank holidays) + opportunities for overtime
Hours: 40 hours a week – Monday to Friday
On call / Standby: 1 week in every 4
Our client is a national Facilities Management company and due to a major new contract win with a highly respected national Blue-Chip retailer our client is looking to recruit several Mobile Maintenance Electricians throughout the UK.
For this role our client is looking to recruit an experienced Mobile Maintenance Electrician to look after a small number of Small / Medium / Large retail stores across Somerset and Devon, covering places such as Yeovil to Exeter, and stores in between.
This is a key position, carrying out planned and reactive Electrical maintenance across a number of retail stores. You will be the first line in all maintenance issues throughout your allocated sites.
The purpose of this role is to carry out technical repairs and minor PPM’s. You will ensure that all technical and compliance paperwork is always completed and up to date.
All work will be completed to the highest standards in an efficient and cost-effective manner, whilst complying with the laid-down company Health and Safety policy.
- Complete the Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) schedule within agreed timescales and to ensure all necessary paperwork is completed
- Respond promptly and positively to service all requests from the Helpdesk and to assess the requirements of the job and carry out repairs as and where necessary
- Prioritise maintenance and repair work to achieve agreed timescales and response times
- Conduct emergency lighting tests and repairs
- Identify non-repairable faults in plant and machinery and promptly advise the line manager of findings
- Ensure that compliance documentation is always completed and up to date
- Advise the on-site customer (manager) of any repair and maintenance issues that are likely to affect the smooth running of the site
- Carry out surveys and complete reports as required
- Complete general repairs and maintenance to customer sites
- Always comply with company Health and Safety policy
- You will be part of a 24 / 7 call out rota (1 week in every 4)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- City & Guilds 236 Part 1 + 2 or City & Guilds 2330 Levels 2 and 3 or NVQ Level 3 in Electrical Installation / Maintenance is essential
- City and Guilds 2382 18th Edition is essential
- 3 Phase Electrics and its applications
- Achievement of PPM schedule within agreed timescales
- Ability to repair and maintain a range of electrical and mechanical equipment
- Respond to service call requests within agreed timescales
- Full Driving licence and flexible to travel daily
To apply for this role please submit your full and up to date CV to Daniel Murphy at PDA SEARCH & SELECTION LIMITED.