Mobile Building Maintenance Technician - Sheffield Area
Job Title: Mobile Building Maintenance Technician
Location: Covering Sheffield and surrounding areas
Salary: £25,364.95 per annum
Benefits: Company Vehicle, Company pension scheme, BUPA (single cover), death in service, 33 days holiday (including bank holidays)
Hours: 40 hours a week – Monday to Friday. On occasion there may be a requirement to work weekends.
We are advertising this Mobile Building Maintenance Technician role, to look after sites across the Sheffield and surrounding area, on behalf of our client ‘City Facilities Management’. City were established in 1985 and the company has grown to become one of the world’s largest privately held, integrated FM companies.
City has a unique business model and for over 30 years has provided leading maintenance, engineering, technical procurement & support in dedicated partnerships with National Blue Chip companies. City also has a global presence with offices in the UK, Europe, North America, Malaysia, Singapore, Hong Kong and Australia.
The culture and values of City are shaped by being a family business with people at the heart of what they do. The business has ambitious growth plans and is keen to attract people who are passionate about delivering great standards and service to customers. In return you will receive a competitive salary and benefits package, industry leading Induction and training through our City & Guilds training academy and the opportunity to develop and progress is only limited by your own ambition.
This is a key position, carrying out planned and reactive building maintenance across a number of retail stores. The role will involve painting, basic plumbing, basic joinery, changing lights, changing locks etc.
The purpose of this role is to carry out non-technical repairs and minor PPM’s. You will also assist in carrying out planned and reactive maintenance, electrical, and mechanical plant works with your Onsite Electrician.
All work will be completed to the highest standards in an efficient and cost-effective manner, whilst complying with the laid-down company Health and Safety policy.
- Assist the Mobile Electrician or other company technicians with any major or minor maintenance work
- Complete all necessary PPM’s and reactive maintenance schedules within agreed timescales and to ensure all necessary paperwork is completed accurately and as required.
- Responding promptly and positively to service call requests from the Helpdesk and to assess the requirements of the job and carry out repairs as necessary
- Prioritising and completing minor maintenance and repair work to agreed timescales
- Complying with the company Health and Safety policy always
- Carry out all tasks in accordance with specific KPI’s
- Ensure that all costs are approved
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Any trade qualifications would be advantageous
- Previous experience in building maintenance is required
- Ability to repair and maintain a range of equipment
- Respond to service call requests within agreed timescales
- Full Driving licence and flexible to travel daily
If you feel these qualities describe you, then we would like to hear from you.
Please apply by submitting your CV in the strictest confidence to Daniel Murphy at PDA SEARCH & SELECTION LIMITED.