Depot Building Maintenance Technician - West Thurrock
Job Title: Depot Maintenance Technician
Location: West Thurrock, RM20 2ZQ
Salary: £25,364.95 per annum plus £2,098 per annum on call / standby
So the salary including the on call / standby is £27,462
Benefits: Company pension scheme, BUPA (single cover), death in service, 33 days holiday (including bank holidays)
Hours: 40 hours a week
Month 1: Mon to Fri alternating each week between 6 am til 2 pm / 2 pm til 10 pm
Month 2: Sun to Thurs alternating each week between 6 am til 2 pm / 2 pm til 10 pm
On Call / Standby: 1 week in 4
We are advertising this Depot Maintenance Technician role on behalf of our client ‘City Facilities Management’. City were established in 1985 and the company has grown to become one of the world’s largest privately held, integrated FM companies.
City has a unique business model and for over 30 years has provided leading maintenance, engineering, technical procurement & support in dedicated partnerships with National Blue Chip companies. City also has a global presence with offices in the UK, Europe, North America, Malaysia, Singapore, Hong Kong and Australia.
The culture and values of City are shaped by being a family business with people at the heart of what they do. The business has ambitious growth plans and is keen to attract people who are passionate about delivering great standards and service to customers. In return you will receive a competitive salary and benefits package, industry leading Induction and training through our City & Guilds training academy and the opportunity to develop and progress is only limited by your own ambition.
This role will look after the distribution / warehouse site, for a highly respected national Blue-Chip retailed, in West Thurrock.
This is a key position, carrying out planned and reactive building maintenance across a number of retail stores. The role will involve painting, basic plumbing, basic joinery, changing lights, changing locks etc.
The purpose of this role is to carry out non-technical repairs and minor PPM’s. You will also assist in carrying out planned and reactive maintenance, electrical, and mechanical plant works with your Onsite Electrician.
All work will be completed to the highest standards in an efficient and cost-effective manner, whilst complying with the laid-down company Health and Safety policy.
- Assist the Mobile Electrician or other company technicians with any major or minor maintenance work
- Complete all necessary PPM’s and reactive maintenance schedules within agreed timescales and to ensure all necessary paperwork is completed accurately and as required.
- Responding promptly and positively to service call requests from the Helpdesk and to assess the requirements of the job and carry out repairs as necessary
- Prioritising and completing minor maintenance and repair work to agreed timescales
- Complying with the company Health and Safety policy always
- Carry out all tasks in accordance with specific KPI’s
- Ensure that all costs are approved
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Any trade qualifications would be advantageous
- Previous experience in building maintenance
- Ability to repair and maintain a range of equipment
- Respond to service call requests within agreed timescales
- Full Driving Licence and flexible to travel daily if required
If you feel these qualities describe you, then we would like to hear from you.
Please apply by submitting your CV in the strictest confidence to Daniel Murphy at PDA SEARCH & SELECTION LIMITED.