Commercial Gas Engineer - Manchester
Job Title: Commercial Gas Engineer
Location: Covering Manchester and surrounding areas
Salary: £43,627.15 per annum (inclusive of £2,661.40 pa on call / standby)
Bonus: £3,000 joining bonus* (£1,000 paid at end of 1st month, 2nd month and 3rd month of starting*)
Other Benefits include: Company Vehicle, company pension scheme, BUPA medical (single cover), 33 days holiday (including bank holidays). Overtime available
Hours: 45 hours a week – Monday to Friday
On call / Standby: 1 week in every 4
We are advertising this Commercial Gas Engineer role, to look after sites across Manchester and the surrounding areas, on behalf of our client ‘City Facilities Management’. City were established in 1985 and the company has grown to become one of the world’s largest privately held, integrated FM companies.
City has a unique business model and for over 30 years has provided leading maintenance, engineering, technical procurement & support in dedicated partnerships with National Blue Chip companies. City also has a global presence with offices in the UK, Europe, North America, Malaysia, Singapore, Hong Kong and Australia.
The culture and values of City are shaped by being a family business with people at the heart of what they do. The business has ambitious growth plans and is keen to attract people who are passionate about delivering great standards and service to customers. In return you will receive a competitive salary and benefits package, industry leading Induction and training through our City & Guilds training academy and the opportunity to develop and progress is only limited by your own ambition.
- Carrying out PPM and reactive HVAC maintenance within small / medium / large sites.
- You will be the first line in all maintenance throughout your allocated sites
- Ensuring that all technical and compliance paperwork is completed and up to date.
- Completing maintenance to the highest standards in an efficient and cost-effective manner, whilst complying with the laid down company Health and Safety Policy
- Ability to maintain / repair a range of mechanical equipment, e.g. fans, pumps and compressors to recognized standards
- Safe working practices in relation to 3 phase and single-phase electrics and applications
- Identify non-repairable faults in plant and machinery and promptly advise the HVAC Supervisor of findings
- Carry out surveys and complete reports as required by management
Candidates Background & Experience:
- Qualified Commercial Gas / Heating Engineer who has experience across multi-sites on the service and maintenance of heating systems.
- NVQ Level 3 – Commercial and Industrial Gas, Building Services / Heat & Ventilation
- ACS Gas – COCN, CIGA, CORT, ICPN, CDGA, TPCP1, TPCP1A
- City & Guilds 2079 F-Gas Category – Desirable not essential**
- City & Guilds 5831 Electrical Safe Isolation – Desirable not essential
- City & Guilds 17th or 18th Edition – Desirable not essential
- Positive in approach, able to work in a dynamic business environment, but above all be committed to the delivery of outstanding customer service.
- Experience of multi-site environment
- Dealing directly with customers and on-site management teams
- Ability to work at heights, work in confined spaces
- A hands-on, can-do and flexible approach to your work
**This company is also prepared to support upskilling, within the A/C side, with an F-gas accredited course**
If you feel these qualities describe you, then we would like to hear from you.
Please apply by submitting your CV in the strictest confidence to Daniel Murphy at PDA SEARCH & SELECTION LIMITED.